When you enter the world of learning management systems, it is critical to consider all the options, services, and features available. The website and eLearning resource “Elearningindustry.com” define 99 criteria and features for an LMS. For FEV Learn, we will focus on the key features and characteristics needed and grouped them by the categories below.
- Content management (creating courses, import, export)
- SSO (single-sign on)
- SCORM, LTI, API
- Notifications (text, email for instructor, student, admin)
- Run report or student or individual students
- Reminders of due dates, course assignments, assessments
- View utilization of content, # of certificates
- Assessment Tracking (grades, rubrics, outcomes, objectives, competencies)
- Administrative Reporting
- Feedback Tracking- configurable template
- Student Tracking
- Automated Report Creation
- Content creator
- Assessment and testing technologies
- Audio/Video Conferencing tools (ZOOM)
- Gradebook or Completion Manager
- Social & collaboration technologies
- Customizable LMS Branding
- Customizable Reporting
- Customizable User Interface and Dashboard
- Customizable Functionality
- Customizable Certificates
- Self-Paced Learning
- Instructor-Led Learning
- e-Commerce Capabilities
- Synchronous and Asynchronous Options
- Blended/Hybrid Learning
- Corporate Training
Our list of the most important LMS features are below, as they emphasize student learning:
- Branding and customization options
- Convenient content authoring and management
- Simple learner enrollment and management (bulk and individual students)
- Possibility to choose between learner/learning models
- Detailed learning statistics and measurement
- Engaging learner communication and collaboration tools
- Convenient exam proctoring instruments
- Social and mobile integration to enhance the learning process
Let’s explore how these features can be implemented.
White Label, Branding, and Customization
FEV Learns provides immense branding and customization options, from choosing fonts, backgrounds, and button locations for your portal to complete themes branded under a company, campus, or faculty style. Custom module development allows meeting any company requests and fulfilling the training tasks.
Content authoring and management in several clicks
Keep an eye on content structure – minor complete course elements that can be quickly composed into ready content. There are hundreds of content “chunks” that can be created relatively quickly and shared between courses. The course content can be easily managed, adjusted, and reorganized if need be, empowering intense reuse and diversification to meet the learning outcomes or educational/training goals.
Convenient learner enrollment and management
FEV Learns needs multiple learner enrollment methods (e. g. self-enrollment via the platform, email invitations, .csv import, etc.) and management. All the learners enrolled for a course can be split into groups and easily transferred between these groups, which is especially important for different courses and clients.
Different learning models for different courses
FEV Learns supports synchronous, asynchronous, blended, and hybrid learning models. The learners can study entirely online and have their online assessments to access the new course stages only with a group (synchronous, instructor-paced) or on their own as they advance the course (asynchronous, self-paced).
In-depth learning and per-learner statistics
FEV Learns provides detailed learning analytics through its “Reports” module. Overall, course learners’ statistics or per-learner individual data and all aspects of the learning process are covered by this powerful tool. “Reports” allow precise measurement of different learning approaches and strategies, which is also very beneficial for all facets of e-learning.
Variety of engaging channels for communication and collaboration
FEV Learns platform needs to deliver a variety of channels of communication and collaboration between educators and learners. Discussion forums for all learners of all courses, separate groups or cohorts of learners for working on different projects, chats, and push notifications – all these channels greatly help augment the learning process. By implementing the “learning by teaching” approach, collaboration helps learners comprehend new knowledge better and improve their skills much more than passive knowledge consumers.
Ample selection of exam proctoring models and tools
FEV Learns allows multiple approaches to the exam proctoring process. Proctoring systems help monitor the students passing the exam online, while FEV Learns allows precise control of online testing. Any school or corporation can choose amongst several proctoring modules due to multi-proctoring functionality and select the model that fits their goals best.
Mobile access and social integration to enhance the learning process
FEV Learns delivers multiple social integration tools and houses a convenient mobile app to ensure the learners can access the course and stay in touch with each other (and the educator) anytime, anywhere. This allows the learners to use the platform without spending time and money commuting to the class or devoting work hours to it, which helps to improve their skills without reducing productivity.
As you can see, e-learning has excellent potential, and the FEV Learns platform is a perfect choice of LMS for several types of e-learning in higher education, K12, and corporate training.