At Focus EduSolutions, we intend to build, market, and support a series of industry-relevant bootcamp programs. Unlike other bootcamp credentials currently in the market, we intend to create a strong alignment with the industry’s skill needs and specific job titles. Content built for the bootcamps will be highly application-based, focusing on practicum and real-world applications. These bootcamps will also be supported through Virtual internships and Mentoring from industry executives. The curriculum and the pedagogy will be mapped to deliver a highly engaging learning experience with interactive scenario-based learning objects, decision-based simulations, and interactive case studies.
As part of our ongoing initiatives, we intend to build bootcamps in Fintech, Data Analytics, UI/UX Design, Cybersecurity, Coding, and Digital Marketing.
The job description below entails onboarding a subject matter expert in the area of Coding with specific experience in Full-Stack Development, front and back-end development including programming languages, web applications, and database frameworks.
About the Job
As a senior subject matter expert in the area of Coding, you must have advanced knowledge and skill set in reviewing content in the following areas:
,.NET/C#, Python, Redux, Ruby on Rails
- Database Architectures and Design – Data Structures and Algorithms, System Design, SQL, Ajax, Bootstrap, jQuery, DOM (Document Object Model) Manipulation
- Development of websites and web applications using Bootstrap and programming languages
- Version Control – Git, Github
- Development of APIs using Restful APIs
To deliver our Bootcamp programs at scale, we want the senior subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop a hyper-modularized curriculum divided into small discrete modules or units that are independent, non-sequential, and typically short in duration.
The Senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) will be responsible for planning the development of the program with SMEs who are focused on individual components of the program. They would be responsible for reviewing the content created by these individual SMEs and ensuring that the content is original, compliant with the required seat time for all modules, and fitting in with the overall architecture of the bootcamp.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Architect and scope curriculum topics and individual lesson plan with minimal guidance.
- Create a course description and course sequencing.
- Write outlines for the content and review the content created by individual SMEs based on the outlines.
- Be responsible for mapping a path backward from the training goal to the training content.
- Validate the requirements and deliverables of modules/content that the team (SME’s) will produce and provide subject expertise during program development.
- Ensure the facts and details are correct so that the project’s/program’s deliverable(s) will meet the needs of the stakeholders, policies, standards, and best practices.
- Collaborate with the academic experts to get insights and improve the course content.
- Develop the course objectives based on the content and ensure that each purpose is adequately connected to the content.
- Determine and develop additional appropriate resources for the learners.
- Create student-facing activities that complement lesson plans and allow students to practice what they have learned.
- Collaborate with the Instructional Design team to determine the learner’s needs and characteristics.
- Instruct the development team on the presentation of the content in a consistent and organized manner.
The Senior SME will mentor and train the team of SMEs on the project to:
- Develop and sequence the content that should allow students to demonstrate mastery of course standards. Pre-tests, multiple learning paths, etc., may be utilized.
- Facilitate engaging synchronous lecture sessions with students on a weekly basis.
- Create both formative and summative assessments and assignments using the learning objectives.
- Develop content for Instructor Led Sessions (Webinars) consistent with learning outcomes and module components. May expand or add to content already presented in the course.
- Prepare a detailed Instructor Guide for facilitating the course.
- Impart subject-matter expertise by drawing upon hands-on experiences, knowledge, case studies, and emerging industry trends to enhance the learner’s understanding of the content while conducting the webinars.
- Ensure regular dialogue/ interaction to enhance student engagement.
- Respond to student queries via Slack/ mail etc.
- Design engaging post-webinar activities.
- Any degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Seven (7) years of hands-on experience working in the field of Full-Stack Web Development, front-end and back-end development.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in online curriculum design and development for adult learners in Coding.
- Five (5) years of experience teaching or providing training programs on topics related to Coding.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrate writing ability, research, and write new content.
- Strong knowledge of tools, programming languages, and libraries commonly used in Coding.