At Focus EduSolutions, we intend to build, market and support a series of industry-relevant Bootcamps. Unlike other bootcamps currently in the market, we intend to create a strong alignment with the industry’s skill needs that further align with the industry and specific job titles. Content built for the boot camps will be highly application-based, focusing on practicum and real-world applications. These boot camps will also be supported through Virtual internships and Mentoring from industry executives. The curriculum and the pedagogy will be mapped to deliver a highly engaging learning experience with interactive scenario-based learning objects, decision-based simulations, and interactive case studies.
As part of our ongoing initiatives, we intend to build boot camps in Fintech, Data Analytics, Cyber Security, UI/UX design, and Digital Marketing.
Now, NuAge EdTech is a 100% Indian subsidiary in Bengaluru, India, of US-based Focus EduSolutions (www.focusedusolutions.com). Nuage Edtech is a subsidiary of Focus EduSolutions.
The job description below entails onboarding a subject matter expert in the area of Cyber Security for Nuage Edtech.
As a subject matter expert in the area of Cybersecurity, you must have advanced knowledge and skillset in developing content in one or more following areas, but not limited to:
- Programming Skills – Java, C/C++, Disassemblers, Assembly language, and scripting languages such as Python, PHP, Perl, or Shell programming.
- Technical Skills – Architecture, administration, and management of operating systems (various Linux distros, Windows, etc.), networking, and virtualization software; Firewalls and network load balancers; General programming/software development concepts and software analytics
- Implementation and Management Skills – Examine a company’s security setup from a holistic view, including threat modeling, specifications, implementation, testing, and vulnerability assessment; Understanding of security issues associated with operating systems, networking, and virtualization software; Architecture of systems and networks; Organizing and coordinating technical vulnerability assessments, including systems and network vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, web application assessments, social engineering assessments, physical security assessments, wireless security assessments and implementing secure infrastructure solutions; Managing security incidents.
- Cloud Application Security – SAST/DAST/IAST; Web Application Security Best Practices; AWS; Understanding authentication technologies and schemes.
- Cloud Security Analysis – AWS or Azure technology, including IaaS, PaaS & SaaS architecture.
- Blockchain Technologies – Smart Contracts, Consensus Algorithms, Transactions Validation, Distributed Ledger, Cryptocurrency, Truffle Suite, Ganache
- Cyber Cloud Security – Designing and supporting public clouds; Managing cloud platforms.
- Threat Intelligence and Incident Response Analysis
- Data Protection and Privacy laws
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) will be responsible for developing and providing content for the Cybersecurity Online Bootcamp program. To deliver our bootcamp programs at scale, we want the subject matter experts (SMEs) to create a hyper-modularized curriculum divided into small discrete modules or units that are independent, nonsequential, and typically short in duration.
Job type: Contract
- Architect and scope curriculum topics and individual lesson plan with minimal guidance.
- Write and review content on the required subject
- Create student-facing activities that complement lesson plans and allow students to practice what they have learned.
- Collaborate with the Instructional Design team to determine the learner’s needs and characteristics
- Create a course description and course sequencing
- Develop the course objectives based on the content and ensure that each purpose is adequately connected to the content.
- Create both formative and summative assessments and assignments using the learning objectives
- Determine and develop additional appropriate resources for the learners.
- Instruct development team on presentation of the content in a consistent and organized manner.
- Develop and sequence the content that should allow students to demonstrate mastery of course standards. Pre-tests, multiple learning paths, etc., may be utilized.
- Facilitate engaging synchronous lecture sessions with students on a weekly basis
- Develop content for Instructor Led Sessions (Webinars) consistent with learning outcomes and module components. May expand or add to content already presented in the course.
- Prepare a detailed Instructor Guide for facilitating the course
- Impart subject-matter expertise by drawing upon hands-on-experiences, knowledge, case studies, and emerging industry trends to enhance the learner’s understanding of the content while conducting the webinars
- Ensure regular dialogue/ interaction to enhance student engagement.
- Respond to student queries via Slack/ mail etc.
- Design engaging post-webinar activities
Education: A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, IT systems engineering, or similar fields.
Experience and Skills:
- Five years of working experience in Cyber Security roles like SOC, forensic, or incident discovery and response
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in online curriculum design and development for adult learners in Cybersecurity and/or related topics.
- Five (5) years of experience teaching or providing training programs on topics related to Cybersecurity.
- Demonstrate writing ability, research, and write new content.
- A self-starter who can take ownership over their work and successfully implement feedback when provided.