At Focus EduSolutions, we intend to build, market and support a series of industry-relevant micro-credentials. Unlike other bootcamp credentials currently in the market, we intend to create a strong alignment with the industry’s skill needs that further align with the industry and specific job titles. Content built for the boot camps will be highly application-based, focusing on practicum and real-world applications. These boot camps will also be supported through Virtual internships and Mentoring from industry executives. The curriculum and the pedagogy will be mapped to deliver a highly engaging learning experience with interactive scenario-based learning objects, decision-based simulations, and interactive case studies.
As part of our ongoing initiatives, we intend to build boot camps in Fintech, Data Analytics, UI/UX Design, and Digital Marketing.
The job description below entails onboarding a subject matter expert in the area of FinTech.
About the Job
As a subject matter expert in the area of FinTech, you must have advanced knowledge and skillset in developing content in one or more following areas, but not limited to:
- Programming Skills – Python, Pandas, PyViz, APIs, Amazon Web Services, SQL, Numpy, SciPy
- Blockchain Technologies – Smart Contracts, Consensus Algorithms, Transactions Validation, Distributed Ledger, Cryptocurrency, Truffle Suite, Ganache
- Financial Fundamentals – Time-Series Analysis, Financial Ratios, Financial Analysis, Financial Modeling
- Cybersecurity – Blockchain Security, Programming Skills, Ethical Hacking, Network security control, Intrusion Detection, Incident Response, Threat knowledge
- Machine Learning – Algorithmic Trading, Random Forests, k-Nearest Neighbors (kNN), Support Vector Machines (SVM), Linear Regression, Scikit-learn, Forecasting, Logistic Regression, Deep Learning, Recurrent Neural Networks, TensorFlow, Keras, AWS SageMake.
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) will be responsible for developing and providing content for the FinTech Online Bootcamp program. To deliver our Bootcamp programs at scale, we want the subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop a hyper-modularized curriculum divided into small discrete modules or units that are independent, nonsequential, and typically short in duration.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Architect and scope curriculum topics and individual lesson plan with minimal guidance.
- Write and review content on the required subject
- Create student-facing activities that complement lesson plans and allow students to practice what they have learned.
- Collaborate with the Instructional Design team to determine the learner’s needs and characteristics
- Create a course description and course sequencing
- Develop the course objectives based on the content and ensure that each purpose is adequately connected to the content.
- Create both formative and summative assessments and assignments using the learning objectives
- Determine and develop additional appropriate resources for the learners.
- Instruct development team on presentation of the content in a consistent and organized manner.
- Develop and sequence the content that should allow students to demonstrate mastery of course standards. Pre-tests, multiple learning paths, etc., may be utilized.
Any degree or certification program in Blockchain or Cybersecurity technologies.
- Seven (7) years of experience working in the field of FinTech
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in online curriculum design and development for adult learners in FinTech.
- Five (5) years of experience teaching or providing training programs on topics related to FinTech.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrate writing ability, research, and write new content.
- A self-starter who can take ownership over their work and successfully implement feedback when provided.
- Strong knowledge of tools, programming languages, and libraries commonly used in FinTech. These include Programming Languages such as SQL, Python, APIs, Numpy, SciPy, AWS, Blockchain technology, Cryptocurrency, Cybersecurity, Machine Learning, and financial fundamentals such as time-series analysis, financial ratios, financial analysis, and modeling.