JD UI/UX Design SME
At Focus EduSolutions, we intend to build, market and support a series of industry-relevant micro-credentials. Unlike other Bootcamp credentials currently in the market, we intend to create a strong alignment with the industry’s skill needs that further align with the industry and specific job titles. Content built for the boot camps will be highly application-based, focusing on practicum and real-world applications. These boot camps will also be supported through Virtual internships and Mentoring from industry executives. The curriculum and the pedagogy will be mapped to deliver a highly engaging learning experience with interactive scenario-based learning objects, decision-based simulations, and interactive case studies.
As part of our ongoing initiatives, we intend to build boot camps in Fintech, Data Analytics, UI/UX Design, and Digital Marketing.
The job description below entails onboarding a subject matter expert in the area of UI/UX Design.
About the Job:
As a subject matter expert in the area of UI/UX Design, you must have advanced knowledge and skillset in developing content in one or more following areas, but not limited to:
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) will be responsible for developing and providing content for the UI/UX Online Bootcamp program. To deliver our Bootcamp programs at scale, we want the subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop a hyper-modularized curriculum divided into small discrete modules or units that are independent, nonsequential, and typically short in duration.
Job Type: Contract
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Architect and scope curriculum topics and individual lesson plan with minimal guidance.
- Write and review content on the required subject
- Create student-facing activities that complement lesson plans and allow students to practice what they have learned.
- Collaborate with the Instructional Design team to determine the learner’s needs and characteristics
- Create a course description and course sequencing
- Develop the course objectives based on the content and ensure that each purpose is adequately connected to the content.
- Create both formative and summative assessments and assignments using the learning objectives
- Determine and develop additional appropriate resources for the learners.
- Instruct development team on presentation of the content in a consistent and organized manner.
- Develop and sequence the content that should allow students to demonstrate mastery of course standards. Pre-tests, multiple learning paths, etc., may be utilized.
A UI/UX Design degree or certification program from a reputable institution.
- Seven (7) years of experience working in the field of UI/UX Design
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in online curriculum design and development for adult learners in UI/UX Design.
- Five (5) years of experience teaching or providing training programs in UI/UX Design.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrate writing ability, research, and write new content.
- A self-starter who can take ownership over their work and successfully implement feedback when provided.