Focus EduSolutions Inc. has partnered with a university to deliver workforce readiness training through micro-credentials and online certificate programs. We are looking for someone with instructional or teaching experience in Smart Manufacturing technologies.
About the Role
Have you taught or delivered training virtually?
Have you played an influential role in implementing Smart Manufacturing technologies?
Do you have boots-on-the-ground experience actively implementing or working in a factory with Smart Manufacturing practices?
Have you experienced the challenges when transitioning from traditional factories to Smart factories?
The Virtual Instructor will facilitate 2 lectures and one project on topics aligned with our Smart Manufacturing learning outcomes. The Smart Manufacturing micro-credential program includes six separate modules covering topics such as:
- Fundamentals of Smart Manufacturing
- Overview of Transformative Technologies, including development in IoT, Big Data, Cloud, Mobile, 3D printing, Modeling and simulation, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Smart Manufacturing
- Machine Connectivity, Edge, and Cloud Computing
- Data Analytics, and
- Key Roles in Smart Manufacturing
The virtual guest speaker will have experience in each of these domains and have the ability to share their experience implementing and/or utilizing these technologies and the effects on the company. In the role the virtual instructor will:
- Lead one group project (live session)
- Lead one case study discussion
- Respond to student inquires within the LMS
Please note this role will require instructors to hold live sessions on weekends. Students are located in India. Live sessions will take place in the mornings or evenings (US time).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitate one group project on one of the topics related to Smart Manufacturing. Instructor will host a 1-hour sessions describing the project, giving context, assigning groups, and answering questions.
- Lead one case study discussion on one of the six topics in the course. Host a 1 hour live session to discuss findings and application.
- Share subject-matter expertise by drawing upon boots-on-the-ground experiences, knowledge, case studies, and emerging industry trends to enhance the learner’s understanding of the content surrounding module outcomes.
- Provide relevant content for the lecture and may expand or add materials already presented in the course.
- Lead 1-hour virtual sessions. via Zoom.
- Initiate and record each lecture session.
- 5+ years of experience in implementing Smart Manufacturing technologies
- 1+ years of experience in teaching blended and/or online programs on all or any topic related to Smart Manufacturing (Transformative Technologies in Smart Manufacturing, Data Analytics, and Cyber Security operations and best practices).
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent skills in the English language (both spoken and writing)
- Able to communicate and facilitate virtual groups effectively
- Capability in group moderation to lead groups in virtual environments