Farming Subject Matter Expert
Focus EduSolutions is an Online Program Management Company based out of Boston, MA, that collaborates with various Universities and Colleges to build market and support workforce readiness programs and deliver them on a turnkey basis through open enrollments and direct partnerships with a cross-section of industry segments. Our mission is to create programs aligned with skills-in-demand that have the propensity to develop a solid evidence-based career pathway for the regional workforce. Our teams bring decades of experience in research, marketing, and digital content development. Our mission is to reduce the gap between the demand and supply of skilled workforce by delivering a solid foundation of career-ready programs with personalized and application-based learning components aligned to the industry's needs.
This is how we partner with Universities and Corporations for delivering Bootcamps and Micro-credentials:
We are seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Subject Matter Expert in farming for our Aquaculture program. The successful candidate will have expertise in farming practices for various aquatic species, including but not limited to fish, shrimp, and other shellfish. The candidate should be able to design and develop learning modules that cover the following topics:
- Aquatic ecology and ecosystem management
- Aquatic animal husbandry
- Feeding and nutrition of aquatic animals, including oysters
- Disease management in aquaculture
- Water quality management in aquaculture, including understanding of biofouling mitigation
- Aquatic animal welfare
- Harvesting and post-harvest processing
- Sustainable aquaculture practices
- Understanding and complying with local and state regulations
Responsibilities of the SME
Remotely lead and manage the outdoor or on-location video filming activity ensuring the final video footage is correct and meets the project objectives and needs of the stakeholders, legislation, policies, standards, and best practices.
- Work with the videographer to define project objectives, expected deliverables, and/or the outcome of the
- Designing and developing course materials (scripts) for the learning modules.
- Provide guidance and advice on the technical aspects of outdoor video filming, such as the creative direction of the project need, selection of locations, shots, and overall
- Collaborate to develop and execute a video filming plan that meets the project goals and
- Review, validate and approve video footage, provide suggestions for improvements, and ensure that the final product meets the desired
- Ensure that the project adheres to safety standards and regulations for filming outdoors, such as coordination for obtaining permits, securing locations, and preparing for use of equipment
Skills and Knowledge
- Have a combination of technical, creative, and interpersonal skills
- Have sound knowledge of technical expertise in video production
- Have a strong creative vision and be able to provide guidance on the creative direction of the
- Ability to conceptualize the visual and storytelling aspects of the video and provide ideas and suggestions to enhance the final
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly, provide feedback, and ensure that everyone on the team is on the same
- Ability to identify potential problems and develop solutions to overcome
- Adapt to unexpected situations and make quick decisions to ensure that the project remains on track
The candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Aquaculture or a related field and have at least 3 years of practical experience in aquatic animal farming. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively, have strong interpersonal skills, and work well in a team environment. The candidate must also have a strong understanding of the latest trends and developments in the field of aquatic animal farming.
Interesting in Applying?
Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to join our team - take the first step and submit your application today!
If you're looking for a new and exciting opportunity to grow your career, we invite you to apply for our open position! Join our team of talented individuals and be a part of a dynamic and innovative work environment. Don't wait - apply today and take the first step!