Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Science of Unconscious Bias
Let's build awareness, knowledge, and skills to embrace diversity
Industry Trends and Rationale
We have to do the work of educating ourselves on issues of equity. Part of that is introspection, raising our awareness of our biases. We talk about cultural competence as being comprised of four components — cultural awareness, cultural knowledge, cultural skills, and cultural encounters.
Through our DEI program, we aim to empower and build inclusive workplaces that harness the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. As a workforce management organization, Focus EduSolutions strives to create a society that embraces equality, fosters innovation, and maximizes the potential of every individual, community, and corporation.
According to the most recent data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 57% of women and 38% of people of color are actively in the American workforce.
There is a mounting demand for DEI experts in everything from education to finance.
DEI helps to build fully inclusive and equitable organizations with activities that include audit, recommending and implementing policies, practices, programs, and organizational behaviors that foster authentic diversity, equity, and inclusion.
After completing this credential, you will be able to:
- Learn about your personal biases, including through feedback.
- Define diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and its business case.
- Understand how our attitudes toward differences impact our behaviors in ways that lend a sense of inclusion or exclusion to our colleagues, students, and clients.
- Understand the science and dynamics of unconscious bias.
- Identify strategies and best practices for mitigating bias.
- Describe the skills necessary to affirm others, be an ally, develop cultural competence, and be an inclusive leader.
- Module 1: Anticipatory Set and Course Overview
- Module 2: The Science of Unconscious Bias
- Module 3: Attitudes Towards Diversity
- Module 4: Unconscious Bias-The Dynamics of Science
- Module 5: Unconscious Bias-Implications
- Module 6: How to Affirm Others and be an Ally?
- Module 7: Transforming Organizational Culture
- Module 8: Action Planning Inclusive Leader
Upon completion of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion micro-credential program, learners will be eligible to apply for job titles including Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer, Human Resources/People Officer, Executive Officer/Organizational Leadership, Consultant (Talent, HR, Community), as well as Learning and Development Specialist/Training Coordinator.